DMSO is a rapidly absorbed skin penetrant, with the ability to carry other substances through membranes it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. DMSO is a cryoprotective agent, protecting frozen tissue. DMSO is a potent anti-oxidant, scavenging the highly reactive molecules that contribute to disease and aging, known as free radicals.
It has been found that medications dissolved in DMSO retain their therapeutic activity and their specific properties over a longer period of time. It maintains and multiplies the activity of many drugs. Allergic reactions are diminished by the actions of DMSO.
- DMSO - May help reduce pain and swelling
- DMSO - acts as an anti-oxidant
- DMSO - forms a water molecule in the body which is easily excreted
- DMSO - acts as a free radical scavenger
- DMSO - May help reduce arthritis pain and swelling, may help carpal tunnel
- DMSO - May be used for cystitis
- DMSO - May be used for brain and spinal cord injuries in Europe
- DMSO - biggest drawback is the odour which can be dissipated with aloe and mint flavour
- DMSO - May be used for insect bites, acne, neuritis, neuralgia and shingles
Caution: The use of this product may contravene the rules of equestrian competition. Please allow a withdrawal period if competing under FEI, BSJA or Jockey Club rules. The manufacturer recommends consultation with your governing body.
DMSO contravenes The Turf Club of Ireland and Jockey Club of England's rules.