Winning Tongue Plate Dexter Ring
WTP Bit How it works
A humans tongue is attached to the bottom of the mouth the same as a horse. Put a finger across the crease of your mouth you can raise your tongue over it. If you put two fingers in the roof of your mouth you can still roll your tongue back. Then put two fingers on top of your tongue you can’t roll your tongue up neither can the horse with the Tongue plate bit. This simply overcomes the many problems encountered by the horse. The Winning Tongue Plate lays gently across the tongue and under the bit joint preventing the bit from pinching the tongue “no more pain”. The Tongue Plate prevents the horse getting the tongue over the bit and also stops them from pulling hard.
WTP Bit can help prevent bleeding in horses:
Many horses suffer from bleeding in the lungs under the stress of running especially thoroughbreds and harness horses. The technical name for "bleeding" is exercise-induced pulmonary haemorrhage (EIPH). This describes a condition in which the tiny blood vessels in a horse's lungs rupture due to stress sustained during physical exertion.
Lack of oxygen can contribute to horses bleeding due to a horse getting his tongue over the bit, rolling the tongue back or from displacing the soft palate. The winning tongue plate bit has proven to prevent and eliminate these problems.
The WTP Bit Benefits
1. Stops the bit pinching the tongue
2. Stops the horse getting the tongue over the bit
3. Stops the tongue hanging out the side of the mouth
4. Stops the horse pulling or bolting
5. Stops the horse hanging and rearing
6. Stops the horse headshaking
7. Stops displacement of the soft palate
8. Stops abnormal respiratory noise thickness of wind
9. Better oxygen supply therefore better speed
10. Proven to prevent bleeding at exercise (EIPH)
11. Proven to improve performance
12. Proven to reduce the horse’s heart rate
13. The horse is happy and easier to control
14. WTP bit also acts as a more effective and kind rearing bit
These bits are a standard 5"