Nikwax Tech Wash 300ml
Nikwax Tech Wash is a wash-in cleaner for waterproof clothing and equipment. It safely revitalises breathability and water-repellence. This product is a non-detergent soap which can be used regularly to clean waterproof clothing and equipment without damaging the Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coatings.
Benefits of using this product:
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
- Maintains breathability
- Maintains original water-repellence
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles
- Lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage 'wetting-out'
- Removes detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- Water based, environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-flammable, non-hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
All clothing including high activity / technically advanced garments
Ideal cleaner to clean nylon and synthetic tents, rucksacks, awnings, marquees, fabric accessories and camera bags, etc
When to use this product:
Clean items with Nikwax Tech Wash before proofing them with the appropriate Nikwax proofer. You should be able to wash reproofed gear 6 to 8 times with Nikwax Tech Wash before it requires reproofing with the appropriate Nikwax proofer
How to apply:
Use neat Tech Wash and a sponge or soft nylon brush to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place item(s) in washing machine (maximum 2 items).
3. Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items.
4. Wash according to care label.
Hand Wash (use gloves)
1. Immerse item(s) in hand-hot water in sink or bowl.
2. Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items.
3. Rinse 3 times in clean water.
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.
* If your kettle furs up you have hard water. For extreme hard water use 200ml.