Convital Equilytes 3x60g
Convital Equilytes is a potassium, magnesium and calcium ion, oral electrolyte paste in an amino acid chelate form for the hard-working horse.
- Calcium is critical for transmitting nerve impulses leading to contraction of the muscles.
- Potassium is vital for regulation of the heartbeat and muscle function.
- Magnesium is required to maintain a steady heartbeat and ensures normal nerve and muscle function.
- Electrolyte paste for horses
- Fast acting, highly absorbent and bioavailable in minutes
- Palatable due to molasses base
- Special formulation containing potassium, magnesium and calcium ions in an amino acid chelate form
- 3 x 60g presentation ideal for horses in training
WHY IS CONVITAL EQUILYTES DIFFERENT?
Equilytes contains potassium, magnesium and calcium ions concentrated in an amino acid chelate form which makes them highly absorbable and rapidly bioavailable.
As a stable amino acid-electrolyte chelate, equilytes is not ionized in the gut but is absorbed intact through a different pathway. As a result there is no need for the electrolytes to wait for a ‘transporter protein’ to carry them from the gut to the bloodstream.
This means that the electrolytes are transported across the gut wall in minutes rather than hours where they become bioavailable immediately.
Equilytes provides your horse with fructose which acts as a rapid energy source for the body and the amino acid L-glutamine which acts as an energy source for the brain to keep your horse alert and focused.
Glutamine passes rapidly through the blood brain barrier and is transformed into glutamic acid which is available immediately as a fuel.
Equilytes is concentrated and contains the same amount of Potassium as 1L of salt solution.